ZaphAudio Aura NS3-193 / Dayton ND20TB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was interested in using this design and placing one on either side of a flat screen TV ...on- wall for dual center channels because I can't fit a single one under or over the TV.

Has anyone listened to this design?

Would I need to modify the crossovers if I ran 2 of these in parallel?
I assume if I built the complete crossover for each one that no change would be required.

The single design is fairly low efficiency so running a pair should help.

Thanks!

johnmark said:
What I meant to suggest was that a single crossover may be a more effective way to run a pair of these in parallel.
Maybe the creator or someone else has already done this exercise?

Trust me - it's not so simple as building two of the speakers. Two speakers will result in line combing, which is definitely a bad thing.

If you want higher efficiency, I reccomend a pair of the $15/pr soft-dome tweeter (I think they're the same as the PE "Meiloon" buyout tweeters) on the ApexJr website. I can testify to the awsomeness of the vendor, and $7.50 for a decent-quality 96db/w tweeter is nothing to sneer at. If you can find some of the so-called "NSB" uber-cheap midwoofers, there are a few designs that should work very well - the UBHTs are supposed to be marvellous for the dollar.

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/nsb/projects.html#ubht

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.