beyond winisd....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i finished 2 diy sub's this summer..

i used winisd/sub parameters as a helper in choosing the enclosures....

the thing is winisd gives somewhat an idea as to what the frequency response on the sub's may be in a given enclosure..

but it doesn't go further..

my question is are there any programs that take additional parameters relating to input to output, such crossover frequency/slope, and octave bass boosts.. and then gives a rough idea of frequency response...

I believe the winISD team is currently working on more features, perhaps a representative of the team could comment :)

My vacation started last month and I thought I'd finally get some spare time for developing my programs. I had planned some pretty cool stuff for my two pet projects, but I got caught up with more important things. Continuing, when modeling crossovers and speakers you need driver measurements of its SPL and impedance in its finalised enclosure -- bit of information here.

Some freeware tools:
SpeakerWorkshop
FRD Group
Subwoofer Simulator
Crossover Simulator

Not freeware, but these two might interest you:
SoundEasy
LspCAD

hth :)

Isaac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.