Help with soundcard... please!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok... this has been hapening for a while. I am using the Delta 410 soundcard and I am having a very frustrating problem. I go to take a measurement and all I get is a FR graph that looks like a steep incline starting at 1000 hz at 0db and going up to maybe 40 db at 20k. All of my measurements basically look superimposed on this incline. If I measure a woofer it might not even show up because it is like the soundcard doesn't even read anything lower than the 1000hz. I started unpluging things in what I thought was a systematic mannor and monitoring what happens in real-time with arta's 2-channel frequency responce, but at one point I thought it was my mic preamp, then I thought it was my referance probe to my amp, then I thought it was the amp. The only thing I can do that totaly stops the problem every time is if I unplug the entire rca harness from the soundcard. Then everything goes flat. Even if I have nothing pluged in at all it will still look like the sloping responce, then I unplug the harness and all goes back to flat.

Here is a graph of the soundcard recording 1-channel FR without anthing pluged in at all:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hopefully sombody has some idea of what is going on.
Thanks
-Chad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.