Design Review: Tang Bang W5-704s Woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mark,
I wonder why people seem to have a bias against in-wall speakers, perhaps because most of them are poorly designed commercial ones that don't sound good? Unfortunately for me, the wall that I would want to mount speakers "in" is drywall over a brick wall w/o any space in between.

In the response graph you posted, the W5's sensitivity seems to match the tweeter, but, everywhere else I see measurements of the W5 put it anywhere from 85 - 88 db - the tweeter is over 90 db, right?

Was it not convenient for you to post a graph which also shows the individual driver's responses?

I was going to order 4 of the tweeters, but the PE website is down :( I hope they didn't start blocking it on the firewall here at work because the URL has the word "sex" in it - I've seen it blocked some places because of that. I tried it again now and I got: "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" - strange.

Ok - now it's clear that the website is down, it asks for your username and password when you try to load it...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.