CSS & Dayton drivers in Oz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well... I'm the owner of that store. Glad to see people stumbling upon it. As for the Dayton drivers, should hopefully get the prices down in the coming weeks or so by getting a deal with a new courier. And make them more accessible to the Australian market, along with a few other brands I am hoping of getting in soon.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Dan,

It's nice to see these drivers available down under, and I can tell that you, like me, are getting killed on shipping charges.

I hope you are not using PE's own preferred shipper (UPS), because for me is has become a deal killer. The Americans get free shipping for orders over $99, whilsts international shoppers have to pay MORE for shipping, than the price of the product itself! No fair.

I will be looking forward to checking out your updated website, and hope that your business venture is sustainable.

regards,
Thanh.

I have in the past ordered from PE and paid the freight!:devilr:

Now I'll just have to rethink my next project thanks to Dan, well the one after the one I am finishing and after the one for which I have just started collecting the parts.

Dan will you be keeping some nice heavy gauge and cored inductors inductors? We seem to have limited options on this front in Oz.

Good luck with your venture. I for one am very excited

John

John, yes I plan to be getting Goertz inductors and perhaps a few others. And at good prices too.

And tktran303, the PE cabinets, I've looked into them, I can get them, but at the moment, just at ridiculous prices. All comes down to freight I am afraid to say. Which in the next few weeks should be sorted and getting everything here cheaper, so that means better prices for everyone.

This venture came around because I myself, like a lot of you, just sick and tired of the extreme premiums us Aussies and NZers pay. And I want to make everything more accessible to us, and I do mean everything. In the coming months, I should have everything sorted. Shipping to New Zealand, cheaper postage around Australia, a lot more products. All I can do is ask you guys to wait a little while until all that is sorted. Thank you all for your support thus far (And yes, this extends well on from these forums).

All I can say is great stuff, and count me in as a possible future customer once you get things sorted out. Good luck with the business. Personally I have found PE to be a PITA to deal with, and have refused to buy anything from them because of the transport problems and the fact they refuse to take Aussie credit cards. Madisound have been great, but the transpost costs are killing me.

sfreak...

To bring in PE cabinets are really not viable, the freight is the killer.

an alternative would be to bring in a unit and then license it in Australia and build them here. There are many excellent cabinet makers that can build equivalent cabinets at a good price, I am sure.

Good on you for bring Dayton drivers, what about Usher drivers!!!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi ttan98,

I know it costs a small fortune to import the cabinets from PE.

But I'm hoping that sfreak can provide an alternative solution to PE's horrendously expensive shipping cost.

To be honest, the last time i checked, it was a killer to send ANY component in from PE. Tweeters, woofers, subwoofers, cabinets, jasper jig, screws, damping.

According to my shopping cart, it costs $99 to ship a pair of RS180 midwoofers ($65)

By the time the Usher 8945A lands in Australia, it costs even more than the ScanSpeak 8545, from www.rzaudio.com. :bigeyes:

I dunno, am I being unreasonable?

I've been shopping from Madisound, WES Components and Altronics for years. Maybe I've been spoilt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.