Need help with choosing speaker driver for bookshelf project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm going to build bookshelf speakers and need help with choosing right speaker driver... It will be in rather small room so max volume-lets say 35L. My goal is to make something that will better my cheap small 2-way speakers using 16cm midbass (they sound boring-with really low dinamics, drums are so boring, no midbass) I've tried to add sub (50L closed Lab12) and then I found out that low bass is not what I'm really missing... so I'm selling the sub and building new spekers :hot:
My musical tastes are lots of rocknroll, some prog rock, but also not complex music like Joni Mitchell..
My candidates are: 1. Beyma 8BX ported (I've got some nice crossover scheme for them), 2. Visaton B200 in aperiodic box, 3. Maybe some 3-way like beyma 8BR40 closed+beyma 6Mi90+Monacor RBT90.
Budget around 250Euro for drivers...

Any comments, suggestions?

Thanks Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.