Audax French Site Is Functioning - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2003, 06:36 AM   #1
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Default Audax French Site Is Functioning

The English site has been down for some weeks. But the French site is up. You can either read the specs in French, which is not too hard, or download the data sheets in English.

www.audax.fr
Old 8th January 2003, 10:05 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Thanx Kelticwizard,

I was looking this French site and didnít think about this so obvious linkÖ

Since the Harman group has taken over Audax I am a bit anxious what will happen to these excellent French speakers.

Also the German site is up and running:

http://www.audax-speaker.de/

Old 8th January 2003, 04:17 PM   #3
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pjotr
[B]Thanx Kelticwizard,

Since the Harman group has taken over Audax I am a bit anxious what will happen to these excellent French speakers.

Also the German site is up and running:

http://www.audax-speaker.de/

Yes, when a really big company takes over, there is always apprehension about what will happen. Look what a big corporation did with Phase Linear.

With any luck, Harman will decide to make Audax it's top-of-the-line "prestige" brand and leave the same people and philosophies in place that Audax has now.
Old 8th January 2003, 04:33 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Harman has owned Audax for years

they also own Studer, Crown, JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson, etc. here's a link to their site:

http://www.harman.com/brands/index.jsp

The Harman folks like music. If it weren't for Harman, Audax would have been put iinto liquidation.

I can remember the good old days when you could pick up Audax drivers in NYC -- just by calling them up.
Old 8th January 2003, 04:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

hmmmmmm......

I couldn't possibly comment on Harman in a professional capacity, but from bitter experience I share your concern for the future of Audax. Harman doesn't seem to quite know what to do with it's European brands.

It'd be a shame if they suffered - they fill a budget niche very well in Europe. In fact, the bookshelf speakers I've just finished with cheapo Audax drive units turned out way beyond my expectations - I'm really impressed with them.
Old 9th January 2003, 01:25 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to cbloss Send a message via AIM to cbloss Send a message via Yahoo to cbloss
To get the US Site to work:

Quote:
Originally posted by skriefal of avsforum.com:

I just looked up the IP address for www.audax.com. It's 209.58.221.7, and yes it is still active. However, they appear to be using virtual server software that relies on seeing "www.audax.com" in the URL you use to hit the site, so simply typing in that IP into your browser address bar won't work.

You can, of course, add an entry mapping www.audax.com to 209.58.221.7 into your C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file, and then you should be able to access the site as www.audax.com. You may or may not need to reboot after editing the file.

(Note: I don't know anything about Audax; just thought I'd be helpful here...)
Old 9th January 2003, 01:36 AM   #7
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Cbloss:

Thank you for your concern with Audax. I am not a real computer person. I got as far as C:\Windows\system32\drivers and saw a screen full of gear drawings. Where do I go from there?

Your interest and help is greatly appreciated.
Old 9th January 2003, 02:01 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to cbloss Send a message via AIM to cbloss Send a message via Yahoo to cbloss
Quote:
Originally posted by kelticwizard
Cbloss:

Thank you for your concern with Audax. I am not a real computer person. I got as far as C:\Windows\system32\drivers and saw a screen full of gear drawings. Where do I go from there?

Your interest and help is greatly appreciated.
This is the easiest way to get to the file...Open the search function and search for files...usually start --> search/find files or folders. As the file name specify HOSTS. If that doesn't work for you just find the HOSTS files where you where previously. When it finds the file double click it and specify notepad to use to open the file. After that add the lines:

209.58.221.7 www.audax.com
209.58.221.7 audax.com

If you need more help you can contact me by any of the ways listed in my sig.
Old 9th January 2003, 06:51 AM   #9
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Errr, I had three of those HOST files on my C drive. I cut-and-pasted those numbers into Notepad. I rebooted. Nothing.

Here are the numbers I cut-and-pasted:
209.58.221.7 www.audax.com
209.58.221.7 audax.com

What am I doing wrong?
Old 20th April 2003, 03:06 PM   #10
Bricolo is offline Bricolo  France
diyAudio Member

do www.audax.com work for you?

I can access the main page, the products page
but in the products page, when I select a speaker, and click on submit to access its caracteristics, I got the message "the page cannot be displayed"...

Hide this!Advertise here!