Hi-vi 2 ways

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some small 2-ways i'm putting together for my computer. They're made out of 1/2" plywood for the sides/rear and 3/4" mdf for the baffle. The tweeter's a hi-vi sd1.1a and the woofer a hi-vi m4n. I've got them mostly completed, just gotta finish painting then clearcoat them and install the x-over.

hivi1.jpg

hivi2.jpg

hivi3.jpg

Here's the xover I've built. The simulation looks pretty good, hopefully it sounds that way :scratch2:. the low end's a little peak-y but I think thats inherent to the M4N. I'm planning on using a 7" 'sub' for the low end from 150hz down to about 40 hz.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I think i liked them au natural a little better myself too. Unfortunately I sanded through the top layer of the plywood on the back, so paint was in order :ashamed:. The paint looks better in person, they're a darker grey-blue. the flash in the picture makes it look brighter than they really are.

Here's completed shot, sitting on some stands I threw together out of mdf scraps and pvc.
miniscompleted.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.