AV OB concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sometime I have pictured an OB setup suspended from the ceiling, with the space between the drivers utilised as a projection screen.

Having some fun with some 6" widerange drivers on OBs, supplemented by a woofer crossed over at 130 Hz, led me to this idea for mounting a flat panel display.

The woofer was in a cabinet, but with the overall baffle size, it could OB also.

The drivers are now heading to the OR for surgery.

Increase WAF, bang in a telly.

Regards, Geoff.

Attachments

• av-ob_~1.jpg
    av-ob_~1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 117
thought about the same before

Most of the old tube gears floor standers like radio tuner, big turntables, TVs, Juke boxes are OB to a certain extend. May be U frames or L frames like as well.. What you are thinking is like enlarging the old tube TV sets to the size of the wall. I've tried something similiar in the past using by now 8 years old 61 inch Sony as the baffle and each experiment brought different results but no sure winner. After different set up the free air standing between the speakers were dearly missed. But this is just me. Please share your experience as you proceed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.