Center Channel project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone ever built the center channel speaker described at
HomeTheaterHiFi Project 13 ? It looks pretty detailed and uses audax drivers, several of which have been praised in this forum. This would be my first speaker project to replace a Polk that croaked after 8 years of punishment. I'm an experienced woodworker, and have built several portable amps so I'm hoping those skills will transfer to a new hobby.

I like this project because all the cabinet dimensions, crossovers, etc have been determined, and this is an area I know nothing about.
Thanks for your help!

Steve

audax cc

While I haven't built this speaker, I have heard good things about it. This is actually designed by either the company or a reputable speaker designer as part of a complete home theater system. Here is a short write up. http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/audaxhtproject.html You can also normally read about this on the audax site, but it seems to be down at the moment. Check out www.audax.com under projects, USA and you should find it. Quite a good write up there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.