first time diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If that design is for the 8ohm version of the rs180, then using the four ohm version would not work properly with the crossover schematic given. I am unsure as to the differences between the two woofers barring impedance, but at any rate the low pass section of the crossover would have to be redesigned. I would expect most bookshelf designs to use the 8 ohm woofer unfortunately.

Others, with more experiance with these woofers may be able to comment on a crossover redesign, however being aluminium these will have 1-2 peaks that you will have to notch out, making your task a bit more difficult. You could well be better off selling these drivers on ebay and either buying the 8ohm version, or buying something for another design using woofers you have. This assumes that you wouldn't have the confidence/experiance to design your own crossover section for the bottoms.

thanks for the replies.

I guess I have no option but to ditch those speakers :(

On a different topic, yesterday I listened to Logitech's AudioStation. It has dual 1" tweets and 2 4" drivers, yet it sounded exceptionally good, even at high volumes.

I'm trying to somehow replicate that sound, is it possible at all for a diy newb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.