ideas for my empty Skyline Cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I'm sure most people who deal with white van scams are aware of the so called "Skyline AD-900SL Professional Image Series" speakers. Well I have brought these up a few times in my earlier posts as some of the more experienced people here can remember, lol , anyways my dad got scammed and so instead of just letting these sit in the storage i went ahead and stripped them of the useless drivers and crossovers that were in them and i sealed all the inner edges in in silicone to make sure that the cabinets would cause me anymore problems, really they are nice cabinets. I' post some pictures here of them

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 118
The external dimensions of the cabinet are 12"*8"*36 1/2 ". The enclosures where The Di Appolito arrangement is is about1.2ft^3 and it is sealed with the drivers in, the sub enclosure i closed off to .85ft^3 feet but i can reopen it to 1.15ft^3. the cutouts are 6" for the mains, 3" for the tweeter. 9" for the sub and then the is a 1/4 shave from all the cutouts about 1/2" wide. The pair is in stereo b/c where the sub woofer cutout is the driver would fire either to the left or to the right, the port hole is 3" with the cut for the flare which extends about a 1/2" also form the hole. I would like to keep this cabinet like its is as much as possible being that it is a nice cabinet and having to modify it would be a formidable task but im sure dad would know what to do as long as the change isn't too major. Anyways, since I'm more of a bang for your buck guy and know next to nothing when its comes to sound quality and tone I'm asking you guys here on what you would do with these. My dad is paying for this and I would like to keep the cost as close to $400 as possible. I am planning for the subs just purchasing a decent amp and running the subs of each channel with the LFE output from my A/V receiver. Then building a crossover for the main Di appolito arrangement and running the mains as the front left and right channels right the A/v receiver which puts outs 140 watts @ 8 ohm /channel. SO would anyone like to help me on driver selection for this? One this one Im aiming for maximum ton so that were i need help in selecting my drivers. I can handle the XO pretty well on my own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.