Need help with replacement tweeter selection - Wharfedale Evo 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently bought some Evo 30's which were damaged in shipping. The insurance claim is nearly settled, and I haven't decided for sure what to do with the speakers. The cabinet has been damaged pretty badly . . probably repairable, but beyond my capabilities. I am pricing out replacement parts to see if it is worth my effort.

One of the tweeters was damaged and no longer works. I thought I would go ahead and order a replacement pair to try to get something with a little more detail. There are several tweeters I would like to try as replacements, but they all appear too big for my application.

The Evo 30's have a metal cover to conceal the tweeter. They allow for a 1.5" tweeter/flange diameter internally, and a 1.25" dome to come through the opening. There is limited depth right now, but I could drill out the hole if needed (would rather avoid this).

Can anyone recommend some quality tweeters that would fit this situation? I'm not opposed to going with a set of car audio tweeters, and they might fit better. I have no idea whats good in the car audio arena though.

Can the flush mounting flange be removed from most speakers that have this? Any ill-effects of doing so?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.