Totem arro clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I want to build a Totem Arro clone. Nice, but the units are not for sale anymore. The units are from Peerless the WA-10/8 and the CSC-116G.

Is there a "budget" solution for this problem (other units) or cant it be fixed?

I'm a newbie so I dont have any tools for measuring the speakers for changing the filters or something.

ACQUA

Not sure about the arro, but a few people have cloned, or tried to clone, the totem forest, which is a few models up the food chain from the arro, and the drivers are cheap. it uses a seas 25TAGW06 tweeter, and a hi-vi D6.8 mid woofer, no idea about the crossover, but search around a bit and you'll find a few threads on this forum and others about cloning this particular speaker.

The crossover would be the hard part, and seeing as you're relatively new to all this and don't really have a way to measure your eventual design that might be kind of tricky to get everything right. One solution to all this is to find a kit you like and then clone the arro aesthetically, just make sure the internal dimensions are the same as specified with the kit and you can really do whatever you like with the box. That to me is the appeal of totem speakers anyways, simple designs but for some reason they look superb.

Good luck!
Tristan

Hi,

drivers can be bought here :

http://www.lautsprechershop.de/hifi/index.htm?/hifi/peerless.htm

CSC-116G Best.-Nr.: I-850102 EUR 39,80
10 cm Tieftöner mit Sandwich-Membran.

* Belastbarkeit (Nenn/Musik) = 50 / 80 W
* Resonanzfrequenz fs = 74 Hz
* Impedanz R = 8 Ohm
* Kennschalldruck SPL = 86,7 dB (2,83V; 1m)
* Gleichstromwiderstand Re = 5,6 Ohm
* Kraftfaktor BL = 5,6 N/A
* Schwingspuleninduktivität L = 0,9 mH
* Effektive Membranfläche Sd = 58 cm2
* Bewegte Masse incl. Luftlast 6,2 g
* Äquivalentvolumen Vas = 3,4 l
* Freiluftgesamtgüte Qts = 0,43 (Qms=2,4, Qes=0,52)
* Lineare Auslenkung xlin = +/- 1,5 mm
* Einbaudurchmesser d = 93 mm
* Aussendurchmesser d = 116 mm
* Einbautiefe (nicht eingefräst) t = 53,5 mm

Good bass/mid driver for a tall thin floorstander ? I don't think so .....

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.