Konus audio Essence

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transmission Line

Here is the completed speaker.
James

Attachments

• oakey.jpg
    oakey.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 808
Hi everyone, thanks for your help and idears about my project. Here are some up-to-date pictures. It not so exiting for people who are building for a long time loudspeakers but this is my first project. Stíll waiting for the jx92s drivers (or the money for it......;-) Found out that a german supplier put`s a pci filter in his kit, why I realy don`t know. Looking forward to receive your comments and hints. So till soon

Attachments

• 4boxenrob2.jpg
    4boxenrob2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 705
Transmission Line Speaker

Your thansmission line speaker cabinets look very good. As there are MDF I assume you will either paint them of veneer them. I am still very pleased with my pair (in oak with MDF for the back and internal baffles). I am sure you will be more than happy with them once you get the drivers. What is the pci filter than the German supplier includes?
James

pikkujöpö said:

How about the differences in sound quality between different materials
like MDF and birch plywood.

Something tels me to choise the MLTL diy version
but I kind of like the original Konus looks so much better
pikkujöpö said:

I was also thinking of useing birch plywood and "painting" it with epoxi inside
and then fitting veneer with epoxi as well.
But don't know if it is worth it.

Simple MDF would be so much easyer to buy in small quantities cutted to size.

I have built few speakers before
but this will be the first serious project with veneer and all.

Suomalainen :)
We have one of the most experienced loudspeaker profiles in our board.
He is somewhat of one expert on TL-speakers.
his diy website: http://www.t-linespeakers.org/

Now, I recall he once told us here in forum
he had found using real wood
was better than MDF in speakers cabinets.

I was very surprised to hear him say this. Even the most repsected speaker builder gurus, writing books! .. use often MDF for their speaker plans.
What should I think?
planet10 is a man that wouldn't tell things he was not sure of.
And he has got 1000 times more experience of practical speakers than me.

My Own final Conclusion on This Subject
Next project I build, I mean one SEEEEERIOUS hi-fi speaker system,
will use Birch Tree or some other heavy density Hard Wood.
And those 19 mm thick big MDF Boards I did buy
will have to be used only in some smaller & less serious speakers.

Lineup ;) regards to suomi from ruotsi lappland, lycksele
Lineup audio speakers forum

http://homepage.mac.com/planet10/TLS/downloads/B139-TTL-map-100707.pdf

Attachments

• kef_b139_tl-speaker.gif
    kef_b139_tl-speaker.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 537
Hi lineup ! and regards to Sweden!

After all I went for MLTL48" design.
As I couldn't decide between wood or MDF...Glued 16mm MDF and 10mm hard density wood together(made for parquete flooring).

Unfortunately my room sucks the bass,in the listening position at least.Bass boosting the MLTL makes the bass"boomy" ,also the small jordan driver bottoms too easily with some music.

So now I have biamped system with bassreflex boxes, -3db 40hz.Makes the positioning a lot easyer.
The reflex ports in Jordans are filled with wool socks made by grandmother:D Best Christmas present ever.
Maybe I go crazy and fill the MLTL boxes with sand,below the driver:eek:

pikkujöpö said:
Hi lineup ! and regards to Sweden!

After all I went for MLTL48" design.
As I couldn't decide between wood or MDF...Glued 16mm MDF and 10mm hard density wood together(made for parquete flooring).

Unfortunately my room sucks the bass,in the listening position at least.Bass boosting the MLTL makes the bass"boomy" ,also the small jordan driver bottoms too easily with some music.

So now I have biamped system with bassreflex boxes, -3db 40hz.Makes the positioning a lot easyer.
The reflex ports in Jordans are filled with wool socks made by grandmother:D Best Christmas present ever.
Maybe I go crazy and fill the MLTL boxes with sand,below the driver:eek:

Hi pikkujöpö, sorry but, where can I see the MLTL48" design? Do you have plans, or photos?
Thanx in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.