PVC pipe enclosures with flat wood baffles - yet another dumb Spasticteapot thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While thinking about ways to avoid woodworking while building speakers, I realized that it would be possible to just cut a 60 degree to 120 degree section out of a speaker, and replace it with a flat sheet of wood. (Probbably birch - not much would be needed.)

You can see what I'm trying to do below. I intend to use this for a simple MTM; there will be a divider seperating off most of the length of the tube. However, the speaker chamber will extend past the wood section a bit I think - this is intentional, and for cosmetic reasons.

Because of the big ol' PVC tube section, It makes one wonder: What if it could be made into a really big spiral horn? Either the MTM could be horn-loaded, or a seperate, down-firing woofer could be horn-loaded.

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hanbei/eng-whyspiral.html

Attachments

• blank enclosure partial-wood.png
    blank enclosure partial-wood.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 448
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.