buzz noise from loud speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is my first post I hope I am in the right place.

My front speakers are driven by a denon poa2800 amp the center and rears ar driven by my yamaha 5890 receiver. when I turn the tv on I get a quiet buzz out of my front speakers only. It does not increase or decrease with volume adjustment. When I turn the tv off the buzz stops I think it is from the cooling fan in the tv. I ran an extension cord from the basement to plug the tv into the buzz is still there when I turn the tv on.
(50' away different circuit)

The denon amp pics up the noise the yamaha 5890 does not?????

Is there some gadget I can plug the tv into to stop the buzz from back feeding into the wall outlet?

My rig
50" LCD sony grand wega
yamaha 5890 reciever (drives center and rears)
nad 521bee cd player
Denon poa 2800 (drives front speakers)
paradigm monitor11 fronts
paradigm cc370 center
paradigm adp370 rears
seismic 12 sub
monster 2100 power bar

Thanks for the help

Since it doesn't increase with volume it isnt a being fed into the amp input.

Seems odd you pick that up through the amplifer power supply but the first thing I would try is a filter on the fan itself.

Basically make a low pass crossover on the leads going into the fan. It will likely be 12V and I wouldn't bother with anything expensive. A filter consisting of a inductor and cap in series corresponding to the frequency of the fan(converted from rpm) would likely also work. That would be placed in parrallel with the fan.

There may be other solutions but that seems easy enough.

ocool_15 said:
Since it doesn't increase with volume it isnt a being fed into the amp input.

Seems odd you pick that up through the amplifer power supply but the first thing I would try is a filter on the fan itself.

Basically make a low pass crossover on the leads going into the fan. It will likely be 12V and I wouldn't bother with anything expensive. A filter consisting of a inductor and cap in series corresponding to the frequency of the fan(converted from rpm) would likely also work. That would be placed in parrallel with the fan.

There may be other solutions but that seems easy enough.

I'd just get a surge protector. They often have inductors to isolate RF.

If the denon is earthed, the tv not and yamaha not - then it could be a ground loop problem. (However - ground loop hum often varies with volume).

A simple test is to run a grounding cable from your TV chassis to ground.

If you suspect the TV fan - can you temporarily disconnect your TV fan to see if it stops?

How close together are the components - could it be some sort of EM interference?

David.

Dave Bullet said:
If the denon is earthed, the tv not and yamaha not - then it could be a ground loop problem. (However - ground loop hum often varies with volume).

A simple test is to run a grounding cable from your TV chassis to ground.

If you suspect the TV fan - can you temporarily disconnect your TV fan to see if it stops?

How close together are the components - could it be some sort of EM interference?

David.

I grounded ererything the buzz is still there.
I disconnected the fan in the tv the buzz is still there, so it must be something else in the tv

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.