zaph's BAMTM form factor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so ater successfully building a subwoofer and getting hooked on the diy speaker thing, I've decided to give Zaph's BAMTM a try.

basically, I was ordering some stuff at PE and needed to bump up the order to get the free shipping and since the da175's were on sale....

(actually I was only ordering $13 worth of stuff and couldn't abide $9 shipping so I ordered 6 da175's to get the free shipping)

anyway, I was wondering how tolerant this design is WRT to form factor. I'm going to make a pair by the book, but I was thinking of trying a slightly different thing for the third one.

I was thinking of making a more cubical shaped box, with the two woofers side by side (almost touchingon the bottom with the tweeter above (again almost touching, or maybe even overlapping) like a little pyramid like so:
-------
| T |
|WW|
-------

if I understand the physics (which I probably don't) this should reduce the comb filter effect of the woofers while providing a lower profile than a vertical speaker for the center channel.

how much would this screw up the crossover? am I a moron for even thinking it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.