crossover question Measure at 2500?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been there done that. I have a bunch of Polk drivers that i want to build a speaker for. They are rated at 8 ohms, but I know the the imp changes with frequency. I have read Weems book on speaker building, and have seen different calculators on the net. They all assume that speakers are 4 or 8 ohms. I know frequency changes resistance so if the woofers go up to 12 ohms at 2500 do I need to build a crossover at 12 ohms or 8?

Thanks much Ben

I realize that building a crossover isn't a simple first shot kinda deal. I would just like an idea where to start. The seas tweeters I have selected are 6 ohms and dip to 5 ohms at 2500. There are plenty of calculators out there where you plug in the ohms of the speakers, crossover point, and what type of crossover you want to use. So my ? is pretty simple do I say 6 or 5 ohms?
Thanks for the link. Here is the site that I have been using for reference.

http://www.lalena.com/Audio/

Thanks Again Ben

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.