Reasonably priced 15" PA woofers in Canada?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Max,

Thanks for the link but I didn't see any PA woofers in there, just those "subs"

These have to have an accordian surround and low X-max as they are rear mounted in a horn. These are to replace the Pyramid auto woofers I have in the big 210 cabinets. As it sits now, the foam surrounds contact the baffle under "party" conditions.

hey cal, i see you are looking some 15" woofers, :devilr: my specailty :rolleyes: Well i havent looked at the shipping rates lately to Canada at Parts Express but it can't be much more than what i payed to have my titanic MkIII shipped here, anyways thisDayton 15" woofer looks nice enough but it seems to take on more like a subwooferwith a SPL of 89 and low QES and QTS and you want low Xmax anyways seeming as your mounting it in a horn so scratch that. Well umm i think the Selenium 15PW3 15" should do the trick low xmax, reasonly loud ( 98 db/1 watt/ 1 meter ), the magnet could be a little bigger though, o well it's only $80 and with combined shipping shouldnt be to bad. If you dont get one I am and being that your useing them in horns just though id update you on the BBBIB speakers by saying that I've ordered the drivers. SO yeh i thnk that should do if not well thats a few other drivers at partds express that will do good for you.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Punkr,

Thanks for chiming in. You're right the Dayton won't cut it as I need an accordian surround not a half roll.

I want to order from Canada rather than south of the border if that's possible. If I am ordering from PE I would get the Selenium WPU 1507 QCF to match the two I have now. (in my A7's that we talked about before) These are for the dual 15, A4 cabinets.

I am tired of paying for the exchange, GST and delivery/brokerage fees. It doubles the cost.

I don't need super high quality just something for the 50 to 125Hz range.

chainenoble said:
eh cal, have you looked at these guys,
http://www.mcbrideloudspeaker.com/

Yes I buy from them a few times a year.

they use to have an catalog with prices that you could download, but i don´t see it anywhere now. [/B]

Luckily I downloaded it before they removed it from the site. Only problem is it an old catalogue and much of what's in it is no longer available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.