Vifa H25TG-35-06 and the Seas MP14RC/TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone got any ideas about how I should cross these two drivers?

the Vifa H25TG-35-06 and the Seas MP14RC/TV.

The Vifa is allmost identical to the H26TG-35-06, and the Seas MP14RC/TV should be crossed with a 1mH in series, and a 12uF in Parallel to the Seas.

I think it is a 12db/okt with the crossover at 2500Hz.

I want to use the Seas mp14rc/tv as a Transmission line tuned at about 45Hz.

Any ideas on a 2way crossover would be nice I've tried to cross it with a 1.8mH and a 8.2uF for the woofer. And for the tweeter a 0.22mH and a 6.8uF, but that has a "gap" in the range of 1000-2000Hz

Thanks, Henri

I use Crossover Pro to do crossover designs. One nice feature is that it has a lot of driver data preloaded into it, so you can whip up a crossover in about 2 minutes.

Let's see if I can paste the predicted graph for this:

Any ideas on a 2way crossover would be nice I've tried to cross it with a 1.8mH and a 8.2uF for the woofer. And for the tweeter a 0.22mH and a 6.8uF, but that has a "gap" in the range of 1000-2000Hz

This is with one driver polarity inverted, like you would expect for a LR crossover.
JJ

Attachments

• mp14rctv h26tg3506.jpg
    mp14rctv h26tg3506.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 371
All things considered, this is not how I like the final crossovers to look. There is a bit of peaking on the woofer top end that is hard to get rid of without a zobel or other means.

I wouldn't consider this a finished crossover, just a good starting point. I usually build up a crossover on my prototype boards, listen to all my test discs, and then go back and make changes based on what I've heard. I did this over 40 times on one pair of speakers I built.

NOTE--both drivers are connected in positive polarity.

Another note-- this crossover has about 3 dB of baffle step compensation. You might need more, or less, depending on how you plan to use this speaker.

JJ

2-Way Crossover Network
Low-Pass (LP) Filter: 1 required
Type: 2nd-Order Linkwitz-Riley
Desired Corner Frequency: 1800 Hz
High-Pass (HP) Filter: 1 required
Type: 2nd-Order Linkwitz-Riley
Desired Corner Frequency: 1800 Hz
C1 = 12 µF, Polypropylene, 0.00521 ohms
C2 = 20 µF, Polypropylene, 0.00579 ohms
L1 = 0.28 mH, Air Core(#16), 0.344 ohms
L2 = 1.5 mH, Air Core(#16), 0.366 ohms

Tweeter
L-Pad: 6.00 dB
Rp1 = 3 ohms
Rp2 = 4 ohms

I've allready sold both drivers and got a reasonable price for them.

But thanks anyway for the suggestions, I will have a look at them (and see what they would be like).

I've also seen them in an speaker setup from an speaker brand called driade.

But anyway thanks again for your time and trouble!

Greetz from Holland!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.