Celestion Ditton 66 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th December 2006, 08:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Celestion Ditton 66

Does anyone one have a schematic for the Celestion Ditton 66s crossovers? (and 25's)
Old 20th January 2007, 09:29 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I might i'll let you know......

cheers
Old 21st January 2007, 10:34 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Have you asked Celestion themselves. They sent me a Ditton 25 X-over schematic some years ago and others speak highly of their service.
Old 21st January 2007, 05:27 PM   #4
robot is offline robot  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Hello Jonathan I have ditton 25, and I tried to get a crossover schematics from factory but they didn t respond. As my coles tweeters had been blown away, I m trying to get a proper replacement, and it is impossible witihout schematics. I would be very glad if you could sent me the schematics to me on my mail robot@post.t-com.hr
Old 21st January 2007, 06:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I did eventually get the schematics from Celestion. Will send a copy.

Dave
Old 21st January 2007, 06:59 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I have restored a pair of MD500 mids, very involved, not a standard dome design.........

Does anybody have the details to upgrading the crossover caps/coils without changing the orignal voice of this model?

Had mine for 25 years..........nice speaker!

ToneDef2
Old 21st January 2007, 06:59 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default celestion ditton

Also, although it was been asked probably many times, does anybody knows anything about specifications of 12" rola celestion woofer which was used in ditton series. Looks like guitar speaker, but it isn t, great driver,12 inches of pure impregnated paper, goes pretty high and low, I planned to refurbish it and maybe use it two way with some decent tweeter (dynamic or ribbon).
Old 21st January 2007, 07:36 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Re: Celestion Ditton 66's 12in.

I will ask the same fellow (hf200 guy) if he still has the op-specs for the 12in driver.........

ToneDef2
Old 21st January 2007, 07:36 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

FYI

Note: I saw a fellow selling a pair of 66's here in Portald OR a few weeks ago for 400.00!! a good price!

ToneDef2
Old 21st January 2007, 08:05 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default celestion ditton

Thanks, that would be nice, and about my 25 I could say that I bought tham for some 200$ a few years ago. I completely remove wires which were realy poor, and replace it with kimber 4pr cable, and immediately improve the overall sound. But the main problem was abr (auxillary bass reflex) which in those days when ditton was constructed (my had inside date of production year 1976) didn t work well and produce dirty bass. Some time ago I removed abr and close the hole with mdf, and bass cleared significantly. Bass expression od that 12" is really impressive when you compare it with a recent production of a bass drivers. About celestion tweeter troels gravesen on his website made a few measurements here

actually coles supertweeter was the worsest performer in trio,and should be removed and replaced with some better driver, maybe planar or ribbon which could perform much better over 10 kHz. I experimented with a planar tweeter and results were promissing, but witihout crossover schematics and detail measurement data for each driver it s impossible to finish the speaker. Or maybe using only bass and ribbon like old mordaunt short (with kef and kelly drivers) speaker.

Hide this!Advertise here!