ATC SM75-150s x-over design help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new to this forum. I was browsing through the internet and suddenly get to this forum.

It's a long story of how could I have that driver with me. Anyway, anyone who has been using them can show me the diagram of their passive x over? What would be suitable for them and what kind of passive type?

the SM75-150s that I have is a 4 ohm version one. would it be hard for the tweets to match them when building passive.

Sorry for the lacking of knowledge about the passive, because I used to play all active....

Thanks a lot

Dot

And I was actually trying to have those mid run with focal woofer or sub. Why do I try to use them because simply it is one of a few drivers that is available to sell down in my country.

I don't have volt, atc or flex unit down in my country. I would need to ship them to my place. And with all the regulation, the price can go to doouble or more.

The driver that I can get would be :

Wow, sorry it got cut in the middle, I pressed the wrong button.

The driver that I was thinking are:
1. Audiom 13 WX
http://www.orcadesign.com/products/focal/Audiom13wx.htm
2. Audiom 15 WX
http://www.orcadesign.com/products/focal/Audiom15wx.htm

Has anyone have experienced with this driver? Would it go as good as the freq respose curve said? Will it integrate with the mid just fine (around 300 - 400 hz).

sorry for asking this, because I think that a driver can have a great fr response but it might sound different. And I'm not so knowledgeable about this.

It is my first diy project. And it doesn't mean that I want to go all out on my first attempt with pricy drivers. But this atc sm 75-150s 4 ohm and the tweeter are the drivers that I already have. It's been laying around unused for so long. Then why don't I just try to use them for my own speaker set at home?

Can anyone help me to give me some insight?

Thanks a lot,
Dot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.