Multiple drivers in same enclosure & resistors for attenuating tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I'm quite a novice at the speaker building thing but have been reading as much as i can. I'm about to build some 2-ways with a dome tweeter and two identical woofers in a (vented) 3/2 D'Appolito configuration.I've selected the drivers and calculated cabinet size, port size etc using the standard equations (based on T/S parameters) for a single woofer. But if I'm using two (identical) woofers in the one cabinet enclosure, do I keep the the same cabinet/port dimensions? or double the enclosure size and ports?? or what??

I also have to attenuate the tweeter sensitivity. I've got the resistor values figure and was planning on using 1/4W 1% metal film resistors. Are these the right ones for the job or will I need some higher-wattage wire-wound resistors?

Thanks (in advance) for any advice you may be able to offer

Cheers

Adding a second woofer throws off everything. You need effectively double the volume, thus a different port, etc. And you either get double or half the impedence of a single driver depending on wiring (half for series, double for paralell), so your crossover must be different.

As for the resistors, I don't know. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.