Paid Member

Attachments

• dscf0259.jpg
    dscf0259.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,344
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You will see by me soon. The woofer has a very good construction. The idea is to help the Jordan and stay away 3 octaves lower than Alcone's alu cone breakup. A cunning 2 way crossing in non sensitive area is the goal. Aluminum when well tempered is killer resolution. First measurements show +10Hz Fs than published. For frequency charts I have to arrange for the cabinets first since there is no meaning in general measuring.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
On a positive note, I have seen that the manufacturer refers (in their homepage in German) to technical changes not mentioned in the Alcone AC 8 HE pdf. Their new Fs, Qms, Qes, and Qts matches mine taken after some hours of Fs sine wave run in. Vas measures 13 litres higher though. They need to revise their pdf. SPL is 91dB for 2.83V exactly as published.
This woofer looks perfect for the job I have in mind for it and its priced at 89 Euro. I wouldn't use it in a 2.5k cross normal two way speaker though. Its 5k metal cone breakup is strong and it will always create IMD as far as an octave lower even when a notch filter is applied and response at breakup looks cool.

Attachments

• dscf0263.jpg
    dscf0263.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,973
Consul - sorry a total sidebar here but I can't resist -

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry

- Not a fair comparison - consider the "lone amateur's" architect!

:D

Reactions: 1 user