Epitome Speaker Manufacturing Video

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was searching for a suitable cube speaker for my PC system and stumbled upon the Epitome cube speakers with 93dB, thats much better than Bose's ultra expensive bi-directional cubes at only 85dB. It was difficult to find any info on this company, but I managed to dig up something, they even have an interesting vid on how their speakers are made and tested.

Anyone hear or owned of Epitome/Triangle speakers ?

http://www.cinenow.com/uk/play-video-312.html

m0tion said:
Man, watching a video like that is really discouraging... It really makes you re-evaluate the ability for people to make DIY speakers that can beat commercial speakers at the same price point.

Well, nearly all that video was focused on the manufacturing of the drive units. I would trust that someone like ScanSpeak has equally capable facilities to produce their drivers in.

As it is reasonably easy to buy high quality drivers, the key really is in how you implement them in your design; something they didn't show anything much of there. That is the point behind DIY for me, not to save money but to have exactly what I want, which is not very easy to find commercially.

The only advantage I can see really is that they have more chances to say ‘that didn’t work lets try again’, as they have more money. They also have some very nice measuring equipment for the speakers, but you can do pretty well with some nice software and reasonably price mic and preamp in a big open space.

Nice video though. Seeing large scale manufacturing always impresses me! Just think how many speakers they need to sell to make all that money back though. I wonder if they are making profit yet...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.