Scan Speak 15M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
15W coating....

I have tried coating the dustcap on 15W before, with out much luck .... sound got dull .... had to wash it off

Now lately I use a very small inductor ..... ca. 0.3mH .... and now coating on dustcap was just what was needed ..... perfect !

Funny thing thing is that the lowest bass now is much more precise and well defined, and overall speaker is much more relaxed :)

I must conclude that with low crossover point ....DONT DO IT .....BUT with higher crossover point it works very well

It shouldn't be necessary with a driver in this pricerange to tweak it that way...is what comes to my mind....

Though I read in another thread that the german importer of veravox advises to stick a small rubber knob (like the self adhesive 'feet' that are sold to put under furniture) on the dustcap to dampen resonances...

I still find these strange modifications, but I can understand a manufacturer won't add ugly stuff to improve the sound. They have the users who don't care for the 'looks' do it themselves...:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.