2xBG20 w/ supertweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm planning to build some cheap but good sounding (especially at mid freq-s) high efficiency speakers with minimal x-overs, especially at mid freq-s. They'd be driven by 40W@8ohm LM3875 Gainclone and used mainly as home hi-fi, but also to play some dance music (with bass support if necessary) on smaller parties, to, say, 20...50 people. Music would mainly be jazz, rock, metal, atmospherical DnB and jazzstep. (And yes, I love my music loud!)

The budget is about 130...150 € per pair, of which ~100 € would be drivers. So I opted for 2 BG20 (which I can get for 23 €/pc) per side plus a piezo superweeter (MTM configuration). Boxes would be 21 mm plywood, 700x400x500mm (HxWxD) and 100 L volume, slot ported and tuned to 42 Hz, which gives me F3 of about 50 Hz.

As for x-overs, I'd be using 1st order and x-over point would be 10 kHz for one BG20 and piezo. I have an idea to cut frequenzies above 1 kHz from the other BG20, to compensate the rising response of the driver. So no need for notch filters :cool:

So... What do you think about this? Any better ideas?

I've also added a little schematics of the front baffle layout.

Attachments

• augm1.5riba.gif
    augm1.5riba.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 163
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.