First Speaker Pics (Zaph-ish)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I just finished my first speaker which is Zaph's B3S but built with white pine (is that a problem?) and the sides of the baffle are angled instead of rounded over because I don't have a router yet.

I can't really comment on sound since I don't have a sub. I am looking for a 10" or 12" to accompany these. Let me know what you think.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice work! I don't think you'll have resonance issues in a cabinet that tiny, no matter what reasonable material you use to construct it. Also, the baffle bevels should be about as effective as a roundover, maybe a tad different, but not a lot.

a 10 or a 12 for a sub or two.... lotta choices out there, more than we can list in this thread, poke through the subs page and you'll find a ton of information.

Nice! I think the white pine looks great.

I'm using a Dayton DVC 8 inch sub in a sealed box with my B3S speakers. The F3 is in the low 50's, but the output below 40 hz is fine for me. I use it for movies at moderate volume levels. It was cheap and easy to construct so I think it's a good match for these speakers. Here's a link if you haven't seen these already:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=114#drivers

Thanks for the comments.

I am thinking about ordering the Dayton SA240 amp and a Dayton 12" driver for the sub. I think it may be a little much for the room but I want it tol grow with the rest of the system.

Anyone have negative opinions about this sub/amp? I want to make it downward firing and disguise it as an end table. Can I build it out of white pine or is that asking for trouble?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.