Alu coil 6.5' speaker from Poland

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks a very interesting driver, woven kevlar cone, alu rear vented basket, shorting rings in the motor, overhung construction with 4.5 mm xmax. ALU voice coil former. Le is quite low (so the shorting rings are doing their work). However, not as extented as I hoped for, and an early cone mode around 1.6 kHz. More suited to be used in a low crossing design not for mid duties above 2 kHz, also the alu former will help in bass control and power handling.

For one second I thought that this are the drivers in the new Burmester B100, but the basket is different and according to Burmester they are sourced from a German manufacturer.

Concluding: interesting driver at an even more interesting price point. My choice above cheap Chinese knock offs.

Can you elaborate on the SPL level of the distortion tests? Your measurements backup my first impressions, still a very interesting driver.

But as always first use them myself before I have a proper opinion on sound quality.

Do you have already some impressions (maybe from polish diy forum) on their sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.