8" drivers (cheap)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
8" drivers (cheap)?

Looking at the dayton classic but would like a driver with less mid and more travel.
I have two sets of DIY 3-way speakers with vifa p-13 mids that need new 8" bass units as I canabalized them for other projects! (P-21 were wasted as bass only drivers)

Any 8ohm budget 8" drivers out there?

Re: 8" drivers (cheap)?

mr. doom said:
Looking at the dayton classic but would like a driver with less mid and more travel.
I have two sets of DIY 3-way speakers with vifa p-13 mids that need new 8" bass units as I canabalized them for other projects! (P-21 were wasted as bass only drivers)

Any 8ohm budget 8" drivers out there?

For $25 you can't beat MCM's 55-2421. The published T/S params are wack. I posted the 'real' measurements over on diymobileaudio.com

Re: Re: 8" drivers (cheap)?

Patrick Bateman said:

For $25 you can't beat MCM's 55-2421. The published T/S params are wack. I posted the 'real' measurements over on diymobileaudio.com

Great for the price... whats that weired 20db dip at 40Hz on MCM's datasheet?

Also where "exactly" did you post the results... the site is large and search not that great...

Re: Re: Re: 8" drivers (cheap)?

K-amps said:

Great for the price... whats that weired 20db dip at 40Hz on MCM's datasheet?

Also where "exactly" did you post the results... the site is large and search not that great...

Got my sites mixed up, sorry about that. Most of my reviews are on diymobileaudio, but the T/S params for the 55-2421 are here:

http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=62292&page=2

There's a screen shot that I posted from Mathcad, and the *measured* t/s are in that screenshot.

Also, John Krutke measured one and posted the results on the bass list. John's measurements agreed with mine, and were quite a bit different than MCM's.

:: PB ::

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.