Considerations for building a TWW 2-Way System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've been looking all over for information/documentation on building a 2-Way speaker with 2 woofers. (TWW Configuration)

How will the xover network be affected (other than the load of course), what will become of the Re and all other drive parameters when hooked in series/parrallel... What about the dB/W...

I've found a lot of designs incorporating 2 woofers in either a D'appolito config or TWW but haven't found any pertinent documentation on the subject.

Anyone know of a site/resource where i might find such information ?

Thanks a lot

If you viewed the thread, you would notice there is an upper enclosure for the midbass and tweeter and a separate chamber, ported, for the woofer. WIth a two-way, I would put everything in the same chamber, ported.

My crossover is made of three components. One for the tweeter, one for the mid and one for the .5 woofer. If you made a two way, you wouldn't need the .5 portion of the crossover.

Make sense?

s7horton said:
If you viewed the thread, you would notice there is an upper enclosure for the midbass and tweeter and a separate chamber, ported, for the woofer. WIth a two-way, I would put everything in the same chamber, ported.

My crossover is made of three components. One for the tweeter, one for the mid and one for the .5 woofer. If you made a two way, you wouldn't need the .5 portion of the crossover.

Make sense?

Hi,

More sense. You don't need separate chambers for a 2.5 way. Its
a design choice. You can also have separate chambers for a 2-way.

:)/sreten.

My recent build is a 2.5 way with GR M-165x drivers ... one cab I did both woofers in a 1.65 cu/ft vented - the other was one driver in a .6 sealed, the other in a 1 cu/ft vented.

The 1.6 cu/ft vented version produced significantly more bass. I did quick measurements with my ECM8000 and Speaker Workshop ... but bass measurements are somewhat inconclusive. I trusted my ears more than the measurement, and they told me the version with both drivers in a shared larger enclosure was the way to go.

That's just one example though, based on my space and cabinet size limitations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.