Altec Lansing

Hello,
I started a new thread a few days ago but no answers so far so i will try it here.
For more info see my new thread.
But the main questions if i would add wings on the inner side of my ALTEC VOT would i be able to use a kind of bamboo '' curtain '' composed of one inch or a bit more diameter '' tubes '' loosely connected or would i need a real panel like a door panel.
If i would use the shape of a door panel and cover it with bamboo tubes would it be beneficial for the sound because of better diffusion??
Make the panel stop at the upper side of the bass bins or make them as high as possible?
greetings, eduard

Hi Cal,

I may have jumped the gun a bit when I posed this question.

Scrolling a bit further down, Pano clarified his response. The measurement he was referring to was the distance between the front of the 825/828-series bass enclosure, and the two lower mounting ears located towards the front of the 1505-series HF horn. These ears are used to attach the horn to the L-brackets that affix the horn to the horn mounting sled.

The 9-inch measurement Pano described happens to be the identical measurement I am seeing on my 1505B horns and 828 bass enclosures.

Thanks, anyway!

Bruce

Hi GM!

Good to hear from you. It's been awhile!

Yes, I have this application note from Altec, and I've had it for quite some time.

I used the procedure Ted Uzzle described here for the time alignment of my 288H/1505B driver/horn combination, with my 828 bass enclosure. It works well.

All the Best,

Bruce

Reactions: 1 user