Active filter/EQ examples and calculators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if this should go in Electronics or this forum, but it seems more relevant here ;)

Does anyone know of a website/book where I can get examples of, and calculators for active filters? It's specifically notch and shelving filters I'd like to be able to design but for the life of me can't find any theory or utilities for designing them :confused:

I bought 'The Active Filter Cookbook' from Wilmslow audio thinking it would all be in there but it isn't. It basically explains what each type of filter is, how it works and it's intended use but doesn't give any useful info for designing them.
I really want something along the lines of this but for an active version.

Thanks again :D

This is probably the best description of the different configurations you can use to acomplish each of the necessary filters for a loudspeaker. There are formulas, but it always takes me a few minutes with pencil and paper to figure out his examples before i can jump right in and make the calculations for my own speaker. All in all it is very comprehensive (much like the rest of Mr. Linkwitz's site) but keep in mind that all of the filters presented could be acomplished in any number of other ways than the way he does it... they dont even need to use op-amps, they all can be done with descrete components as well.

Hope this is what you were looking for... Good luck

Chad

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Some of the speaker-design programs will do this.

Try the demo version of LspCAD. It allows you to design active filters of various types. The demo version has limitations but it will still accomplish what you want.

http://www.ijdata.com/LspCAD_demo.html

Notch filtering with active circuits can take a bit of iteration and sometimes verifying with a prototype to make sure you got it right. :)

Cheers,

Davey.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.