Speaker Workshop is now open source - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2006, 03:59 PM   #1
percy is offline percy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Speaker Workshop is now open source

In case you didn't know yet -
http://www.audua.com
Old 24th November 2006, 04:35 PM   #2
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Been to source forge ,there but no files loaded by admin yet.
Old 24th November 2006, 05:06 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

look in Code->CVS Browse
Old 24th November 2006, 06:18 PM   #4
lz is offline lz  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

You can "checkout" the project with CVS client
Old 25th November 2006, 06:39 AM   #5
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Quote:
Originally posted by percy
look in Code->CVS Browse

Quote:
Originally posted by lz
You can "checkout" the project with CVS client
Hi Percy and Iz,
Yes saw the files but to download Speaker workshop,one need to install CVS client to PC and register/create account with sourceforge.Essentially being tagged.I know it's a efficient management tool but a hassle.Just wanted to have a feel/look at the source code. Anyway saw 6 dead files meaning it was removed,don't know if they are non essential or "trump/ace" card for speaker workshop.THis is probably only for serious developers as I think Mark Zachmann probably "lost" interest or too busy to devote his time but at least he put it in "public domain" to let others improve/debug it.A really nice guy.Not easy to make commercial grade software.A check of the statistics recorded zero download at the moment.
Thanks.
Old 25th November 2006, 01:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by singa

Yes saw the files but to download Speaker workshop,one need to install CVS client to PC and register/create account with sourceforge.Essentially being tagged.I know it's a efficient management tool but a hassle.

I have never used sourceforge but how else would you implement version control and check-in/out of files in the public domain ?
Old 25th November 2006, 03:42 PM   #7
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

You don't need to register with sourceforge to download code, but it isn't exactly trivial if you've never used CVS and aren't used to command line stuff. You need to register to be able to check out files, though, IIRC.

I am so new to C++ that I am not sure If I can contribute, but it potentially interests me as an example of how an entire program is put together (even if it ends up being a bad example). I have MS C++ version 5, not sure if it will even compile in that environment.

The place where Speaker Workshop really needs the most work, IMO, is in the user interface. These things kind of get an inertia, however, because the time to change it starts to be comparable to the time required to code it over, depending on how it was done.
Old 25th November 2006, 03:58 PM   #8
BAM is offline BAM
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to BAM
Wish List: Custom acoustic network simulator

I want to see a program or Speaker Workshop component with Akabak-style functionality combined with the SPICE-style editing of SW's crossover network feature. That is, the ability to connect acoustic resistances, masses, ducts, horns, and chambers together and simulate the entire electroacoustic network comprising the enclosure. This could provide breakthroughs in bass-reflex design as well as the design of mass-loaded horns, transmission lines, and other acoustic structures.
Old 25th November 2006, 04:41 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

You don't need to use a command line CVS client. Tortoise CVS integrates with the windows shell; it's a pretty civilized interface.

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

It will certainly save you some time trying to figure out how to check out the code.

Hide this!Advertise here!