Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd August 2007, 07:58 PM   #11
Bob0513 is offline Bob0513  United States
diyAudio Member

heres the input drawing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg input.jpg (6.2 KB, 406 views)
Old 23rd August 2007, 08:26 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Bob,

This is great- thanks so much for helping me with this. I will start working on it tonight!
Old 5th March 2008, 02:32 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hope its not wrong to reopen this older thread but I have several of the same chips available from old Winnov cards to play with for a first chip amp project. The board also had Sprague 220uf 16V caps on it that I also salvaged.

Can any one tell me which caps are the external reference for the low frequency roll off? Is it the 220uf or the 1000uf? What would I want to use for a 25hz roll off?

I see most of what is available at Ratshack are 35V while the board had 16V caps on it. Will this cause any trouble?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 7th March 2008, 09:33 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I never did get it to work (user error most likely on my part- that or the chip was bad) but my two cents in this is that you may want to get the components elsewhere- I remember gasping at what I paid after the fact in relation to what I am used to paying at digikey.

Plus I don't know where you are in SC, but the Rat Shack near me (Rock Hill) didn't have half the components- it's a pitty they've scaled back.
Old 8th March 2008, 01:27 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I'm in Columbia. The local shack had everything but binding posts for the output. I agree the shack is not the best but I wanted to get what I needed to fool with it this weekend with my kids ($21 total spent). Any idea about the external roll off question? I'm totally new to trying to do something without it being a kit with lots of instructions. If I understand the spec sheet it looks like it can run on either AC or DC is this correct? I plan to use a 12VDC 1000mA wall wart to power it. Will this be ok? Thanks for any feedback.

Moderators I did not realise this was in the loudspeaker forum when I reopened the thread. Should this be moved to chip amps?
Old 8th March 2008, 01:34 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

I'm in Columbia. The local shack had everything but binding posts for the output. I agree the shack is not the best but I wanted to get what I needed to fool with it this weekend with my kids ($21 total spent). Any idea about the external roll off question? I'm totally new to trying to do something without it being a kit with lots of instructions. If I understand the spec sheet it looks like it can run on either AC or DC is this correct? I plan to use a 12VDC 1000mA wall wart to power it. Will this be ok? Thanks for any feedback.

Moderators I did not realise this was in the loudspeaker forum when I reopened the thread. Should this be moved to chip amps?

Hide this!Advertise here!