Reducing output of tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally, I am about to jump into the world of DIYing your own speaker sets. But before that, a simple question to all the DIY masters here, "How do you reduce the output of the tweeter without affecting the crossover point?"

I want to use a passive corssover, in a 2-way system. The tweeter has a sensitivity of about 4dB higher than the woofer. Impedance of tweeter is 5 ohm, woofer 8 ohm. Crossover point selected is around 3kHz, which means a capacitor value of about 10uF (tweeter) and inductor value of around 0.45mH (woofer) for a first order crossover.

I don't want to use an L-pad. I know that sensitivity can be reduced by padding with power resistors (wastes the available power, but acceptable to me). But where should I put the resistors? Before the tweeter cap? Am I on the right track?

Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.