Crossover Help And Opinions Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using 2 Audax HM 1030 Carbon Fiber mids and a Morel MDT 37 Tweeter in a MTM configuration.

I wisg to use a simple first order crossover between the mids and tweeter.
I have an adjustable electronic crossover for the crossover point between the 15 inch woofer and midranges.

The midranges are 12 inches vertically apart, center to center, and the tweeter is 1/2 way in between, vertically.

The baffle is really wide, almost 28 inches, and the drivers are centered onn it, and the center of the array is ear level to a seated listener.

The Audax HM 1030 is a real wide range driver, and I was wondering HOW far up in frequency I could take it before the 12 inch vertical spacing becomes a problem ?

I would be interested in some crossover ideas and recommendations.

If possible, I would like to only use first order crossovers because I would like to keep it simple.

From what I see, the MTM is vertical.

The freq of the chosen x-over should not have much to do with the vert spacing. Vertically alligned drivers will spread the HF horizontally, rather than a single driver beaming it.

You could probably let the Audax's roll off naturely, crossing over at the -3db point.

I am not familar with the Audax, how high does it go?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.