increasing port length- 2 ft outside the box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A vent (tube) for a bass reflex designn speaker can extend from the speaker, if you wish, vs. being internal. But, for the speaker to operate properly, it would need to be the same dimenstion and lenght as the internal vent.

If you extened an existing vent for two feet, you would unalign the speaker's bass response presuming the original vent was the proper lenght. At that lenght, you might get a lot of chuffing (air passing thru the vent) noises as well.

Hey, I say your line array desing some time ago. How do you like the final product? Looks great.

Thanks! The line arrays are great!

The do a lot amazingly well. The are clean, articulate, very very dynamic (pow!), incredible pop in the upper bass. The image pretty well too. But the best quality is the soundstage, huge!

Downsides, a couple. The tweeters are not quite clean enough, especially the low end. This becomes audible in certain music that has a lot of emphasis in the crossover region. They are very sweet sounding though. No complaints about the mid-bass and midrange, really about the best I have heard.

Actually I think Darren, formerly of Parts express, probably stumbled on the best approach on the Colossus, use 50" BGs as tweeters crossed over pretty high, with an array of mid-basses, and an active crossover. I wouldn't place the subwoofers in the same towers though.

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.