Thoughts on the GR-T2 Tweeter? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th October 2006, 12:31 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to TurboFC3S Send a message via AIM to TurboFC3S
Default Thoughts on the GR-T2 Tweeter?

Just wondering how the GR Research GR-T2 tweeter compares to the other leading $30/each tweeters. I can't find any extensive testing of them online ... hopefully somebody here has experience they can share.

Thanks!
Old 26th October 2006, 12:49 AM   #2
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

They sure look great, construction seems very decent and specs look very fine too..

They remind me of my old vifa ht275/d2 tweeters...

The fact they hand you a matched pair accompanied with a measurements-sheet gives me the reassuring feeling the quality will be quite good.

Not so "main-stream" brands tend to focus more on quality since they have to compete with the bigger names...
Old 26th October 2006, 12:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by v-bro
They sure look great, construction seems very decent and specs look very fine too..

They remind me of my old vifa ht275/d2 tweeters...

The fact they hand you a matched pair accompanied with a measurements-sheet gives me the reassuring feeling the quality will be quite good.

Not so "main-stream" brands tend to focus more on quality since they have to compete with the bigger names...
Exactly, and me without all the necessary measurement tools, having them matched by Danny seems like a good idea. Plus Danny seems like a nice guy to deal with.

What makes it even more interesting is that I'm thinking of buying a matched set of 5 or 7 for a complete home theater setup.

Still, I'd love to see some tests or user impressions of it.
Old 26th October 2006, 01:01 AM   #4
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I'd say it can't hurt to buy two first and buy more later...

Think I'm going to order a couple myself, 60 USD is not much for a construction like this.

This kind of a design is so common these days that I can't imagine the quality will be disappointing...
Old 26th October 2006, 01:25 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by v-bro
I'd say it can't hurt to buy two first and buy more later...

Think I'm going to order a couple myself, 60 USD is not much for a construction like this.

This kind of a design is so common these days that I can't imagine the quality will be disappointing...
All true ... and I bet he can match later units to the first two I buy.

Hide this!Advertise here!