cracking noise in reference

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I own a pair of paradigm v.2 reference floorstander loudspeaker and i have a problem with it.

When i crank up the volume to a certain level the mid range starts to jarr,like it's bottiming out.I thought the bass was too high so i connected another pair of paradigm studio v.2 and its sounds perfect with the same volume.

Can someone please help me figure out this problem since the floorstander should be able to take up more volume than the studio.
picture of the speaker below

Thanx,

Tony

Attachments

• paradigm_studio_100_v2.jpg
    paradigm_studio_100_v2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 164
Re: A possibility.

okk said:
It seems like that, something broken in the Xover of mid. the bass F power was into mid-driver and made it bottoming.

I was wondering if it might be a failed cap also.

salas said:
Smells like a mechanical defect. Maybe some bad/loose glueing in neck/spider region.

Let's hope he can determine that before going on to the XO.

I did all the things thats mentioned in this forum.The problem's the same.

It's both the right and left speaker which is doing this.

Another set of speakers that I connected it to check were the same company paradigm studio 40 which is more like a bookshelf,it sounds fine

It's not bottoming out it just makes the cracking noise after increasing the volume and it's coming from the mid.

Another thing i did was,I connected just the tweeter and the mid using the top bi wire and it was fine. But when I connected all together with the two woofers it starts to crack again.and when I bi-wire it still cracks.

Thanx,

Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.