RtR 600D

I just bought a pair of these off of Ebay. Do you guys know anything about them?
Thanks!
Pics:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and here is a picture of my Ixtapa armadillo for good measure :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't remember the model # but the RTR's I remember were similar to those but the two dome mids were offset by two dome tweets not the single horn shown here. They were a dual 12" sealed and had some impressive noise coming out of them. They had a built in protection device that kept shutting them off when the boss was out. Not sure how that happened ;) They had the same wrap around grille held on with velcro and were the inspiration for my first tower speaker build. This would be about 1978.

How much did you pay for them?

I wonder when they changed from two domes to one piezo, or the other way around?

It was set up with one tweeter above the mid on the left and one below the mid on the right in a criss cross pattern. Kind of goofy but that was from the days when a lot of tweeters were side by side.

What are they doing for an XO on the piezo?

4 feet tall? I must have been shorter then. ;) I remember they were a large and impressive tower.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Those things bring back memories for me. I had a later pair of 600D's (with double dome tweeters) and also had a pair of ESR-15 electrostatic tweeters which I experimented with.
The woofer surrounds all rotted and I finally got rid of them. I never missed them. :) Not what you would call accurate speakers relative to what's available now. They were great for playing "Crime of the Century" at ear-splitting levels though. :)

Cheers,

Davey.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Cal,

'Not sure if you're still subscribed to this thread, but I have recently come into possession of 600d's and thought you might find this interesting.
The crossover is primitive....even for the 1970's. :)
No series inductors or low-passing of the drivers at all. And, no filtering at all on the woofers.

Dave.

rtr600d.jpg