Please check my wiring diagram...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's a series crossover - you can't really split it up and biwire (A waste of money even if you could, IMHO) I don't care for passive bi-amping either. Actively crossed over bi/tri/quad amped is my preferred route.

I tried a similar torch, it didn't have enough heat to solder two 12 gauge wires into a WBT type binding post. I ended up using a plumber's torch very carefully. I remember seeing soldering iron tips for them a long time ago, but haven't seen them recently.

OOps indeed a series filter, like my old vifa impulse speakers...:dead:

I've soldered my plumbing with that torch, even soldered 16 square millimeter garden-hose like cables to install a second battery in my car. :xeye: :xeye: :xeye:

What's the crossection of the wires on these components? The largest junction is 5 wires. With these reasonably low values for the coils (but also low internal resistance...) I suppose not too thick?

Tip: be careful with the caps not to make them too hot! That's why I would advise a gas torch, the quicker you can solder the better for the components...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.