opinions on vifa pl18 tl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I woud built a TL with a PL18WO09 4ohm version + XT25TG !
I have mathcad with the worksheet. I designed a box with the offset driver in an open ended TL worksheet.
PL18 4ohm T/S
The box :
it will be a tappering TL .
L = 50inc
offset : 0.2 ( 50*0.2 = 10inch )
So=4*Sd
Sl=0.5*Sd
I got this SPL curve :
What do you think about it ?
Can I desing a TL with the worksheets with 2 driver ? If yes, how ?

Attachments

• pl18.jpg
    pl18.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 211
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
VGergo said:

Can I desing a TL with the worksheets with 2 driver ? If yes, how ?

Sim looks good. Your taper is 8:1, which might have the vent opening too small (port noise due to high velocity). Line start (So) for this driver should be no more than 3*Sd.

To model two identical driver in one box, double the Vas and Sd.

Hello,

sorry for the late respons, just I think on it how to do it !

I see this MLTQWP desing :
Here

I can desing the same in the ML TQWT worksheet if I set the
Z driver and zport from the distance of the begining of the TL line ?
Like the "zport" will be near the same far from the begining of the TL line as the lenght of line.
I attached a picture, I woud a straigth desing.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thank you, that is very cool ! On my other computer I desing with mathcad an MLTQWT for the PL18WO09-04 and it is much better than with any other worksheets. straight and short TL line is enough, and I can use 2 driver in a normal sized box. I will post it on sunday... until I have no mathcad :-S And ofcourse thank you the table how to change the T/S parameters with 2 driver !

Gergo

Your speaker drawing looks correct but the submitted FR plot says nothing apart from the supplied dimensioning i.e. the power level and excursion is left out.

I checked your design and came to the conclusion that it only would be ok and not sub-optimised if your maximum SPL requirement always stays below about 90 dB.

Hint: For better performance, double the port diameter and increase the speaker volume and length in order to lower the port air velocity.

b

1(1)

Attachments

• vifa pl18wo09-04_ml-tl.gif
    vifa pl18wo09-04_ml-tl.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 145
HEllo,

Thank You for your help you are true !
I redesign itt a little with more carefull for the other curves. Enlarge the port diameter and the length of the port and a little the so sl. Do not the L of line, If it is working I woud built a smaller box. I will run this speaker with maximum 35watt RMS power.
I attached the file that I saved from mathcad, it is easier !
PL18WO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.