Magnavox 2x15 Guitar cabinet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just went to goodwill the other day, and bought an old 60's magnavox console for $20. Opened it up and tore out two mint 15 inch alnico woofers, as well as two nice horn tweeters which I am currently using on my own system. Rest assured, it was a SS unit not tube.;)

Ribbed paper cone, paper surround, alnico magnet, vented dustcaps.. Sounds like a good guitar speaker? I'm in the process of building a cabinet for them out of pine and birch. Its deminsions are 24"x32".

Anyone have an aversion to me putting these woofers in this cabinet ? Which will sound best, closed or open back?

Another thought is maybe putting them into a 3 or 4 way system further down the road, but I dont know what their responce is or what they can take. Does anyone know what the wattage on these things is? I was thinking about 25-30 watts a side, but I could be wrong as I dont know what the wattage of the amp was. ( should have kept it, but it was too hard to get out.)

Thoughts, Ideas, comments? :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.