Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2012, 07:41 PM   #281
EEatKSU is offline EEatKSU  United States
diyAudio Member

Subwoofers need not apply with these.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:44 PM   #282
diyAudio Member

Okay, was contemplating a smaller driver bib and stereo subwoofer setup.

what amp was driving them?
did you do any mods to the basic drivers or design?
Old 9th September 2012, 07:49 PM   #283
EEatKSU is offline EEatKSU  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't remember what I had driving them, I had the option of a QSC 1.0HV, CX902, ART SLA-1, or a Pioneer receiver. I think I normally had them on the receiver, or the ART amp and occasionally the QSC 1.0HV, but they really don't need much power to get rather ridiculous. I don't believe I had any mods to the basic design, a LTA-12" driver, Fostex FT-17? tweeter, Fostex adjustable L-pad, some stuffing, ton of plywood, and a pickup with a dolly.

There should be a thread floating around where I took some pictures of these things when I built them. A 8" pair would most likely suffice just fine, and even better with a stereo stub setup.
Old 9th September 2012, 08:08 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

Ok, ill look at these, thinking of simplicity above all and the idea of subs and mains is a little complex for me and would end up using equivelent space it seems.

i watch a lot of movies and the current lack of bottom octave really bothers me.

The dynamics you speak of are also important as i dont want to use a high power amp, tubes if i can.

I rememeber that pic and looking at it over and over!

Ill get the lumber and post pics and stuff. Prob osb then or some inexpensive 3/4 ply.
Old 16th September 2012, 06:38 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Are there any frequency response graphs on this beastie? In room or otherwise?
Old 16th September 2012, 07:34 PM   #286
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i watch a lot of movies and the current lack of bottom octave really bothers me.
Click the image to open in full size.

I built these BIBs with B&C 10PS26 drivers and i have the best bass ever in my home. They go down to about 25 Hz with lots and lots of power. With 30 watts a piece they rattle everything in my house. Even the tiles outside on my roof.

I tested them as subwoofers crossed over 36 dB/octave at 80 Hz and they were very clean. No hissing or rattling. Just very deep and powerfull bass in abundance. I literally feel sick and get very dizzy if i push them to hard.

Johannes.

Hide this!Advertise here!