Best Small(ish) DIY Loudspeaker System?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What's the best, smallish DIY loudspeaker design around?

Stereo pair, no sub.

Size up to 450mm x 450mm footprint, 600mm high - or thereabouts, or smaller.

60 Wpc class A amp, room about 6m x 6m.

Pop/Rock/MoR & DVD films (not surround) music with a preference for elevated top and bottom.

Floor mounting - carpet on concrete.

Thanks,
Russell

There's really no such thing as "the best" in audio, as that is largely a subjective matter. You will get a huge variety of opinions on that, as there are as many preferences as there are people.

Having said that, what is your budget? And do you intend to build from scratch or get a kit?

I would recommend taking a good long look at www.zaphaudio.com - he is one of the most competent designers out there; any of his designs can be made into floorstanding versions if that's what you're after.

sdclc126 said:
There's really no such thing as "the best" in audio, as that is largely a subjective matter. You will get a huge variety of opinions on that, as there are as many preferences as there are people.

Having said that, what is your budget? And do you intend to build from scratch or get a kit?

I would recommend taking a good long look at www.zaphaudio.com - he is one of the most competent designers out there; any of his designs can be made into floorstanding versions if that's what you're after.

Thanks for that, and believe it or not, I am looking foward to that huge range of opinions.

Budget is not an issue, more expensive will just take longer to acquire the bits. Construction time is my main constraint, so there won't be any rush anyway. I don't mind building from kit or from scratch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.