Need some design help...will this work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Long story short...

I've got a pair of Usher 8137A 8" woofers (bought on sale from PE - i couldn't resist), a pair of CSS WR125S 4.5" full range drivers (I'd heard so much about these i thought i should get a pair and have a listen) and a pair of Morel MDT22 tweeters. I had been planning on making a 3 way (ideally with 2 of the WR125S drivers to help with increasing sensitivity) with integral subwoofer, but after plugging everything into various design programs, i'm thinking baffle step correction might make the CSS drivers too quiet for my HT/music room.

Sensitivity ratings are:
Usher 8" 88dB
CSS WR125S 85.6dB
Morel MDT 22 89dB

I don't want to sacrifice any sensitivity, so i'd like to either reduce or eliminate BSC in this design by adding an additional woofer per side to augment bass response and crossover to the mids where baffle step starts so the crossover could help. Ideally i'd be crossing the Ushers to the CSS mids around 400 or 500hz and the mids to the Morels around 4000hz. Cabinet size looks to be about 13.5" wide, 48" tall, 22" deep (there's a TC2+ 15" sub to be mounted in the side of cabinet to bring up the bottom end).

What should i do?

Thanks, Scott

Attachments

• proposed.jpg
    proposed.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 93
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.