finished speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some updates on all my three setups

please see completed setup of all 3 of my DIY speakers and Hi fi equipment

Attachments

• copy of image_00794.jpg
    copy of image_00794.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 483
at home in east Malaysia

sabre mk1 floor standers,vifa and peerless drivers
sabre mk4 semi floor stand speakers(
stand mounted seas l14 woofer and vifa tweeter
B&W cc6s2 centre speaker with modified series crossover.
42" lg plasma
Denon 3803 AV amp.
denon midi system udm30
rear speakers out of view old richter wizards that have been highly modified into a 2.5 way stand mounted speakers using vifa and peerless drivers and a series crossover.

Attachments

• copy of image_00794.jpg
    copy of image_00794.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 211
my system in West malaysia

Sabre MK2 vifa and peerless drivers
sabre MK3 centre using all vifa drivers
hi vi 2 way using hi vi d6.8 woofers and ssii tweeters
denon 2807 av amp. rotel rc 1070 pre-amp & rb 1070 power amp
Pioneer dv-s989 dvd, sacd, cd player.
pioneer dvd recorder
lg 42" LCD
to the rear some modified Magnats 6 inch woofers and q1 hi vi tweeters.

Attachments

• copy of jonathans hi fi set up and diy speakers 001.jpg
    copy of jonathans hi fi set up and diy speakers 001.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 196
hi Mate,

yes I have saved a lot of money compared to the stupid prices we have to pay in Malaysia.

I must say I have enjoyed making them and they sound great to me. as i do not have any measuring equipment i have had to adjust the crossover by ear , i guess eventually I will shell out for measuring equip so i can perfect them. As i have never had any reference speakers in the past I have nothing really to compare them to.

from an aussie living in Malaysia :)

chefsinc said:
hi Mate,

yes I have saved a lot of money compared to the stupid prices we have to pay in Malaysia.

I must say I have enjoyed making them and they sound great to me. as i do not have any measuring equipment i have had to adjust the crossover by ear , i guess eventually I will shell out for measuring equip so i can perfect them. As i have never had any reference speakers in the past I have nothing really to compare them to.

from an aussie living in Malaysia :)

Did you make the cabinet yourself or use a carpenter in E. Malaysia? There must be many good ones around.

I recommend you buy some measuring instruments and good software pkg, possible costing between US$100-500 depending on the s/w and microphone. Couple with your ear you have a winning combo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.