peerless vifa design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
f.bcn said:
Ok thanks, for the x-0 i think 2 khz to 3khz. I don't no for the moment.
The Exclusive look nice for me with the grey surround.
How it sounds than nomex or ppb ?

Hi f.bcn - you might want to visit www.zaphaudio.com and look at the 5.5" & 6.5" woofer comparisons, and the tweeter mishmash. There is a lot of great information there about the drivers you're interested in and it may help you with your final decisions.

f.bcn said:
i take a look at zaph audio site. but for peerless only the exclusive and not ppb and nomex. i want a peerless mid bass because i have good prices.

The Peerless HDS Nomex 830873 is reviewed in the 5.5" driver comparison. It may not be the size you want but it will at least give you some good analytical info to compare with the Exclusive line.

You probably can't go wrong with any of these options, but remember that drivers which measure alike sound alike, regardless of cone material, motor structure, or price. Subjective analysis will be different from person to person, and each has his own preferences and goals.

I used to ask "How does this driver sound compared to that driver?" Now I ask "How do they measure?" I don't understand what all the measurement parameters mean individually, but what the science means is better revealed when comparing measurements of different drivers, especially when someone like Zaph provides good side-by-side, in depth analysis, and nice overall summations.

Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.